Thursday, September 22, 2011

Chicago Chocolate Tours

I have to be honest....Groupons are getting to be annoying to me lately, but I must say that one of the best Groupons I've purchased was for the Chicago Chocolate Tours. The tour I chose was in the Magnificent Mile/Gold Coast area and consisted of everything from European chocolates, cupcakes, hand-made snack mix, gelato, chocolate-filled breads, and even beverages. Most importantly, my favorite part of the tour was when we observed in the kitchen of Hendrickx Belgian Bread Crafters. Not only did they have a variety of breads, muffins, and other yummy delights baking and cooling right in front of our eyes, but we got to taste them right off the cooling rack. Visiting this bakery reminded me how sometimes the simple things in life are the best things....like butter!!! The chocolate filled croissants and the white chocolate-filled bread loaf were delicately fresh and melted in my mouth with the perfect amount of sweetness....hardly any.  On your next trip down to the Mag Mile/Gold Coast, hop in there for a taste of heaven...or don't, and leave some for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment