Friday, February 10, 2012

Michael Jordan's Steakhouse---Mishap

If you're a seasoned reader, you know that my blog got jump-started by the not-so welcoming service at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse (if not, read my first post). Since I am down for second chances (and I was dying to try the food), I went back months later as "Table for four."


I understand that new restaurants need time to work out their growing pains, but this place needed something more like surgery. I so wanted it to be good! The atmosphere started off super chic and classy; however, I was confused when we got to our table (sans the table cloth). The waitstaff were dressed in something comparable to an Applebee's, and frankly I was confused. The prices mimicked top-notch steakhouse while the atmosphere was trying to be casual. The food was good and the service was just okay. Frankly, I am not impressed and for a $50 steak, my money is better spent at many other Chicago restaurants.

Center cut filet with a smoked sea salt garnish. The sea salt was definitely a nice touch....but like I said, expensive.




 Mascarpone cheesecake....not impressed! Fred's at barney's does this so well and this was not even close to being worth the calories. The presentation was the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment